The Shopify App lets you automatically send orders made on a Popup Store to be fulfilled in Shopify.
Learn more about Actions.
Create a Custom app on Shopify
- Log in to Shopify as the store owner.
- On the left sidebar, tap on 'Apps' in the admin section.
- There'll be a dropdown menu. Choose 'Apps and sales channels settings'.
- A window will pop up, select 'Develop apps for your store'.
- Click 'Allow Custom App Development'.
- Review the warning and information, then tap on 'Allow Custom App Development'.
- Choose 'Create an app'.
- Type in the App name and App developer (add the email address.) Click 'Create app'.
- After creating an app, go to the Configuration tab and pick 'Configure' in the Admin API Integration section.
- Under Admin API access scopes, you'll find several categories. Select the following API access scopes: write_orders, read_orders, write_fulfillments, read_fulfillments, write_draft_orders, read_draft_orders, write_assigned_fulfillment_orders, read_assigned_fulfillment_orders, write_products, read_products
- Click 'Save'.
If you wish to use the variant fields HS Code, Country of Origin, and Cost Per Item make sure to enable read/write permissions for inventory.
Generate API Access Token
- In Shopify admin, go to the 'API Credentials' tab.
- Click Install in the Access tokens box.
- A pop-up window will appear, click 'Install'.
- Your Admin API Access Token is going to be generated. Click on 'Reveal token once' and you'll get to view the token.
You can only see the Admin API access token one time. The token gives API access to sensitive store data. After revealing the access token, make sure to write down or record the token somewhere secure for future reference.
Setup the Shopify App
Once you have connected your Shopify account, you can set up Actions on your customer Journeys to send orders to Shopify each time a customer places an order.
Learn more about Actions.
- From the Popup admin, select Apps.
- Click Connect a Shopify account.
- Enter your Shopify Store URL, Access Token, and API secret, then click Connect.
Add a Send Order to Shopify Action
Any orders processed before setting up this integration and action successfully will need to be manually synced to Shopify by using the Order export function.
- From the Popup admin, select a Popup Store.
- Click Edit Popup Store to access the Journey Builder.
- Click the Add (+) symbol.
- Select Action.
- On the left-hand side, click Add Actions.
- Click Send Order to Shopify.
- Connect your Shopify store from the Choose a Shopify account drop-down menu. You can optionally add any tags or notes to any customer orders from this Journey.
- Connect the Actions element to other pages in your Journey.
- Repeat this step for any other Journeys with checkout templates.
- Click Save.