The Dreaming shopper mission is when a customer is looking for inspiration and information. The goal of the Dreaming shopper mission is to generate leads by capturing customer contact information.
Here's a step-by-step guide for applying the Dreaming shopper mission to a Lead Journey.
Step 1: Identify customer questions
- Identify the questions that your customers ask themselves during the Dreaming mission when they are looking for inspiration and information about the latest trends and/or technology in your industry or niche. "What's new in the niche?"
- For example, "What's new in fashion this season?" or "What are the latest trends in streetwear?"
Step 2: Design the Lead page
- Design a Lead page that is both visually appealing and informative to address your customer's questions and provide inspiration and education about your product or service.
- Include a lead capture form on the Lead page that offers an incentive in exchange for your customer's contact information. For example, you can offer a discount code, a free digital product, or early access to new products or collections.
Step 3: Design the Lead Journey
- After they submit their contact information, you can either have them remain on the same Lead page, direct them to a new page or alternatively redirect them elsewhere with the Redirect Action.
For inspiration, see the Lead Journey Blueprint.
- When designing your Lead page, first define the steps that guide the customer toward submitting their contact information. This will help you determine which sections to add to your Lead page.
- Tag the customer with the name of your lead campaign for this Dreaming shopper mission so that you can send them tailored content via email sequences, or other marketing campaigns.
Add the Tag customer Action after the Lead page.
Step 4: Market and nurture
- You can export tagged customers under Customers in your Popup admin. You can also send tagged customer information to email marketing services via Actions.
- Use targeted marketing campaigns and personalized content to continue to nurture the relationship with the customer over time.
Step 5: A/B test and iterate
- Use A/B testing to test different page designs, forms, and marketing campaigns to identify what works best for your customers. You can A/B test on Popup by duplicating the Lead page and adjusting one aspect such as text or content and sending traffic from a duplicate campaign.
- Continuously optimize the Lead Journey based on customer feedback and insights.
By following these steps, you can apply the Dreaming shopper mission with a Lead Journey, which can help generate leads and build a loyal customer base over time.
Let's say you are a fashion brand and your customer is in the Dreaming shopper mission. They are looking for inspiration and are open to exploring new styles and trends. Your customer might ask themselves, "What's new in fashion this season?" or "What are the latest trends in streetwear?"
To address this shopper mission, you could create a Lead Journey that provides customers with content that is visually appealing, inspirational, and informative. For example, you could create a landing page that showcases the latest fashion trends, or a blog post that highlights how to style different outfits.
The goal of this journey is to generate leads by capturing the customer's interest and inspiring them to explore further. By understanding and designing for the Dreaming shopper mission, you can create an engaging and effective customer experience that drives growth for your business.